The Top 10 Places to Dine with Fido this Fall
St. Louis, MO/October 11, 2017 (STLRestaurant.News) – Fall is an amazing time to be outdoors in St. Louis. It’s the time of turning leaves and cooler temperatures. It’s also a great time to get outside with family and friends—especially your four-legged friends! As you enjoy the activities of autumn, you and your dog will surely work up an appetite. But where do you go for a bite when Fido’s in tow? You head for one of St. Louis many dog-friendly restaurants, of course! And there are hundreds of eateries with terrific patios that welcome your pooch to dine with you.
For the second year in a row, we checked the customer reviews to find out where St. Louis dog lovers go to enjoy the fabulous fall weather and grab a bite with their BFF (best furry friend). Last year’s number one choice, Edibles & Essentials (5815 Hampton Ave. in Saint Louis Hills) has slipped to number two. It’s still a terrific choice, as are all of the restaurants and cafes that made the 2017 top 10 list.
This year’s number one pick is a Ballwin restaurant that takes farm-to-table cuisine to a whole new level. Chef Rob Uyemura opened his Local Chef Kitchen in February 2016 on the principle that locally sourced, high quality food should be delicious, accessible, and affordable. Chef Uyemura is committed to making farm-to-table a mainstay for his customers. He uses seasonal, local ingredients to create an ever-changing menu of quick-service American classics.
Chef Uyemura has said the goal at Local Chef Kitchen is to make locally-produced foods easily available to the St. Louis area community through delicious, imaginative cuisine. According to customers, he’s hitting the mark. They rave about the creative menu, the heritage pork and Waygu beef dishes, as well as the friendly staff. Locally sourced, pasture-raised meats, free range poultry, cage-free eggs, hormone-free milk, cheese, and ice cream, as well as locally made Kombucha are all available for purchase too. Local Chef Kitchen also offers a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program (available June through October) and Farm to School lunch program.
The outdoor dining space at Local Chef Kitchen isn’t large, just a few tables. But whether you’re grabbing a great lunch or weekend breakfast, customers say this is their favorite dog-friendly place to eat it. If you and your pup aren’t in the Ballwin area, never fear! There are some terrific restaurants that also welcome dogs across the metro area. Here are the top 10 dog-friendly restaurants in St. Louis this fall, according to customer reviews:
1. Local Chef Kitchen (4.77 stars/60 reviews) Ballwin, 15270 Manchester Road #130, Ballwin, MO 63011, (636) 220-3212.
2. Edibles & Essentials (4.73 stars/116 reviews) Saint Louis Hills, 5815 Hampton Ave, Saint Louis, MO 63109, (314) 328-2300.
3. Kitchen House Coffee (4.62 stars/60 reviews) Tower Grove East, 3149 Shenandoah Ave, Saint Louis, MO 63104, (314) 732-0009.
4. Pizzeoli – Wood Fired Neapolitan Pizza (4.59 stars/184 reviews) Soulard, 1928 South 12th Street, Saint Louis, MO 63104, (314) 449-1111.
5. Bella Vino Wine Bar & Tapas (4.49 stars/303 reviews) St. Charles Historic District, 325 South Main Street, Saint Charles, MO 63301, (636) 724-3434.
6. Brasilia (4.45 stars/98 reviews) Tower Grove East, 3212 South Grand Blvd, Saint Louis, MO 63118, (314) 932-1034.
7. Milque Toast Bar (4.39 stars/85 reviews) McKinley Heights, 2212 South Jefferson Ave, St. Louis, MO 63104, (314) 833-0085.
8. Southwest Diner (4.38 stars/527 reviews) Ellendale, 6803 Southwest Ave, Saint Louis, MO 63143, (314) 260-7244.
9. Kalbi Taco Shack (4.35 stars/71 reviews) Benton Park, 2301 Cherokee Street, Saint Louis, MO 63118, (314) 240-5544.
10. Salt + Smoke (4.23 stars/1173 reviews) The Loop, 6525 Delmar Blvd, University City, MO 63130, (314) 727-0200.
There are always a few places that are well loved, but don’t quite make the Top 10 list. We want you to know about these other terrific options, so to them we offer Honorable Mentions:
Nixta (4.22 stars/98 reviews) Botanical Heights/McRee Town, 1621 Tower Grove Ave, Saint Louis, MO 63110, (314) 899-9000. This cozy restaurant was just named one of the Top 10 Best New Restaurants in the U.S.A. by Bon Appetit magazine. Nixta specializes in contemporary chef-driven cuisine with nods to Mexico and the Caribbean. And they have a terrific, dog-friendly patio.
Righteous Pig BBQ (3.845 stars/116 reviews) Belleville, 124 East Main Street, Belleville, IL 62220, (618) 520-8817. This laid-back restaurant in the heart of downtown Belleville serves charcoal and wood-smoked meats plus classic sides and unique sauces. A large sidewalk seating area makes for great people and dog-watching.
Good Luck Bar and Grill (4.00 stars/25 reviews) Soulard, 2501 South 9th Street, Saint Louis, MO 63104, (314) 833-5825. Owner Patrick Lowery describes his place as a classic corner spot with simple food that’s good and affordable. It’s an American bar with an Irish twist and a great side yard seating area for outdoor fun.