St. Louis’ 10 Best Wine Bars
ST. LOUIS, MO/March 25, 2017 (STLRestaurant.News) Top 10 Wine Bars in St. Louis – Wine is the new black. But you could say it was the old black too. So does that make wine retro, like its again-popular sidekick fondue? No. Wine is the little black dress of dining. It’s a classy choice that never goes out of style. Just as hemlines change, our taste in wine may undergo subtle changes over time, but we know we can count on it to elevate a night out.
St. Louis loves wine. We are fortunate to live in a city surrounded by award winning vintners and wineries. But you don’t have to head to Augusta or Ste. Genevieve to have a great wine experience. A fantastic culinary city like St. Louis is rich with wine-drinking destinations, including an impressive list of wine bars. So we checked customer reviews to find out where St. Louis likes to enjoy a glass.
It turns out St. Louis’ favorite wine bar is in St. Charles. Bella Vino Wine Bar and Tapas is cozy spot along Historic Main Street in Old Town St. Charles. It’s a popular stop for drinks before or after dinner. It’s also a terrific choice to enjoy a glass from their global wine list and tapas, or small plates in the Spanish tradition. They’re also a top 10 destination for salad, ranking #2 on our January list of The Best Salads in St. Louis. Bella Vino’s menu was made to go well with wine. Besides fantastic salads, it includes a cheese and meat board, chorizo stuffed dates, four cheese fondue, plus flat-breads, and desserts. They also have a terrific fireplace to warm the chilliest day, and lovely patio in warmer weather.
While many of the wine bars on our top 10 list offer more than wine and nibbles, all of them offer wine lovers a special place to relax with friends and family, and enjoy are really great glass of wine.
1. Bella Vino Wine Bar & Tapas (4.54 stars/265 reviews) St Charles, 325 South Main Street, St. Charles, MO 63301, (636) 724-3434.
2. The Wine Tap (4.51 stars/122 reviews) Belleville, 223 East Main Street, Belleville, IL 62220, (618) 239-9463.
3. Olive + Oak (4.46 stars/242 reviews) Webster Groves, 102 W Lockwood Ave., Saint Louis, MO 63119, (314) 736-1370.
4. 33 Wine Shop & Bar (4.46 stars/83 reviews) Lafayette Square, 1913 Park Ave., Saint Louis, MO 63104, (314) 231-9463.
5. Twisted Tree Steakhouse (4.39 stars/116 reviews) Sunset Hills, 10701 Watson Road, Saint Louis, MO 63127, (314) 394-3366.
6. Scarlett’s Wine Bar (4.33 stars/57 reviews) Central West End, 4253 Laclede Ave., Saint Louis, MO 63108, (314) 797-8223. Bridge Tap House and Wine Bar (4.32 stars/700 reviews) Downtown, 1004 Locust Street, Saint Louis, MO 63101, (314) 241-8141.
7. Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar (4.31 stars/266 reviews), Frontenac, 1855 South Lindbergh Blvd., Saint Louis, MO 63131, (314) 567-7610.
8. Louie’s Wine Dive & Clayton Kitchen (4.27 stars/86 reviews) Clayton, 16 South Bemiston, Clayton, MO 63105, (314) 875-9373.
9. Ernesto’s Wine Bar (4.23 stars/132 reviews) Benton Park, 2730 McNair Ave., St Louis, MO 63118, (314) 664-4511.
10. Robust Wine Bar & Cafe (4.16 stars/258 reviews) Webster Groves, 227 W Lockwood Ave., Saint Louis, MO 63119, (314) 963-0033.
The Vino Gallery (4.58 stars/19 reviews), Central West End, 4701 McPherson Ave., Saint Louis, MO 63108, (314) 932-5665. This place is part retail wine boutique, part tasting bar, and part art gallery. They specialize in smaller production, artisan wines, and beers. They hold wine tastings on Saturdays, view gallery exhibits featuring local artists. Customers enjoy sampling at the tasting bar or splitting a bottle with friends on the patio. Bonus: this is a dog friendly establishment.