Where to Grab the Best Cuppa – Top 10 Coffee Shops
ST. LOUIS, MO: (STLRestaurant.News) – There is nothing quite like a great cup of coffee to get your morning started. Whether you take yours black or with cream, brewed or espresso-based, coffee is the most popular beverage in the world. Americans drink more than 450 million cups of coffee every day. Most of us (54%) enjoy a cup of joe at least occasionally. As the weather turns chilly, more and more St. Louisans will be seeking out a hot cuppa.
So where is the best place to get a cup of coffee in St. Louis? According to customer reviews, the best coffee shop in St. Louis is the London Tea Room at 3128 Morganford Rd. in the Tower Grove South neighborhood. This is ironic, since they don’t specialize in coffee. You can order a cup of coffee at the London Tea Room. It’s comes in a French press, which does make it feel rather special.
The London Tea Room, as the name suggests, is a great place to enjoy a pot of tea and a delicious English pastry or sausage roll. Afternoon Tea is held every Friday, Saturday and Sunday in their Hyde Park Room, but you’ll need a reservation. Their cafe and shop are open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. In their shop, they carry over 100 loose leaf tea varieties, along with a large selection of teapots and tea ware.
The rest of the top 10 coffee shops in St. Louis do specialize in coffee. According to customer reviews, our top 10 coffee shops are:
1. London Tea Room: 3128 Morganford Rd, St. Louis (Tower Grove South), 314-241-6556
2. Soulard Coffee Garden Cafe: 910 Geyer Ave, St. Louis (Soulard), 314-241-1464
3. Park Avenue Coffee: 1919 Park Ave, St. Louis (Lafayette Square), 314-621-4020
4. Comet Coffee: 5708 Oakland Ave, St. Louis (Cheltenham), 314-932-7770
5. Starbucks in the Hyatt Regency lobby: 315 Chestnut St, St. Louis (Downtown), 314-259-3266
6. Blondie’s Coffee, Wine & Dessert Bar: 1301 Washington Ave, St Louis (Downtown West), 314-241-6100
7. Cyrano’s Coffee Cafe & Dessert: 603 E Lockwood Ave, Webster Groves (Old Orchard), 314-963-3232
8. Blueprint Coffee: 6225 Delmar Blvd, St. Louis (The Loop), 314-266-6808
9. Foundation Grounds Coffee House and Cafe: 7298 Manchester Rd, Maplewood (Downtown Maplewood), 314-833-6460
10. Kaldi’s Coffee House: 700 De Mun Ave, Clayton (Hi-Pointe-DeMun), 314-727-9991.
Note: Most of the shops on the list are independently owned. Two are chains, Starbucks and Kaldi’s. Although you may find similarly good coffee and service at their other locations, these specific locations are the ones customer reviews put in the top 10.