Start Your Day Right at One of STL’s Top 10 Breakfast Spots
St. Louis, MO/May 6, 2017 (STLRestaurant.News) Top 10 Breakfast – They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Fortunately, you don’t have to pry open your bleary eyes and make your own. There are lots of terrific spots to grab a great breakfast on the way to work, or any day. We checked the customer reviews to find the ten best breakfast restaurants in St. Louis.
Topping the list is Nathaniel Reid Bakery at 11243 Manchester Road in Kirkwood. Open since August 2016, this is one of the newest jewels in St. Louis’ culinary crown. Chef Nathaniel Reid is an award-winning pastry chef, considered by many as one of the very best pastry chefs in the U.S. His bakery offers fresh baked goods that in some ways more closely resemble art than food. But don’t let the beauty of these scratch made goodies fool you—they taste even better than they look. Customers flock for the fresh-made breakfast pastries, croissants, and Danishes. There’s a ham and cheese croissant that practically melts in the mouth, and the quiche is a velvety slice of deliciousness. There’s also a full-service coffee bar, and breakfast platters can be ordered for group dining to-go. There is a small dining area or you can take your meal to go. No matter what you order at NRB, everything is beautiful, fresh, and scrumptious.
Whether you’re looking for a sit-down meal with china and silver, a quick nosh to go, or something in between, these customer favorites will get your day started on the right foot:
1. Nathaniel Reid Bakery (4.82 stars/77 reviews) Kirkwood, 11243 Manchester Road, Saint Louis, MO 63122, (314) 858-1019
2. Kitchen House Coffee (4.67 stars/52 reviews) Compton Heights, 3149 Shenandoah Ave., Saint Louis, MO 63104, (314) 732-0009.
3. Egg (4.62 stars/172 reviews) Benton Park, 2200 Gravois Ave., Saint Louis, MO 63104, (314) 202-8244.
4. Sweet Spot Cafe (4.58 star/59 reviews) St. Ann, 3586 Adie Road, Saint Ann, MO 63074, (314) 770-9977.
5. Caruso’s Deli (4.56 stars/131 reviews) Downtown Loft District, 1000 Washington Ave, Ste. 101, Saint Louis, MO 63101, (314) 588-1096.
6. Gooseberries (4.46 stars/56 reviews) Dutchtown, 2754 Chippewa Street, Saint Louis, MO 63118, (314) 577-6363.
7. The Abbey Espresso Bar and Café (4.48 stars/83 reviews) Belleville, 5801 West Main Street, Belleville, IL 62223, (618) 277-8373.
8. The Mud House (4.42 stars/774 reviews) Benton Park, 2101 Cherokee Street, Saint Louis, MO 63118, (314) 776-6599.
9. Spencer’s Grill (4.41 stars/145 reviews) Kirkwood, 223 South Kirkwood Road, Kirkwood, MO 63122, (314) 821-2601.
10. Russell’s on Macklind (4.41 stars/421 reviews) Southampton, 5400 Murdoch Ave., Saint Louis, MO 63109, (314) 553-9994.
A few of our favorites didn’t quite make it onto this elite list of breakfast spots, so we’re including them here as Honorable Mentions. Each brings something unique to the breakfast table:
Southwest Diner (4.40 stars/469 reviews) Ellendale, 6803 Southwest Ave., Saint Louis, MO 63143, (314) 260-7244. American diner meets Tex/Mex cuisine at the corner of Southwest and Abbott in the western edge of the city. Where else are you going to get sopapillas, Carne Adovada, and buttermilk cornmeal pancakes for breakfast?
2Schae Cafe (4.35 stars/161 reviews) DeBaliviere Place, 275 Union Blvd., Saint Louis, MO 63108, (314) 361-5333. This is a cozy, quick-service cafe at the corner of North Union and Pershing. It has a homey, relaxed vibe, terrific French toast and creative breakfast sandwiches. Plus, the owners and staff are very friendly.
Allin’s Diner (4.35 stars/154 reviews) St. Charles, 130 North Kingshighway Street, Saint Charles, MO 63301, (636) 946-5556. This is an old-fashioned, classic American diner in the heart of St. Charles. They offer hearty breakfast fare, including omelets, pancakes, French toast, hash browns, and eggs. Their menu has a great tutorial about how to order eggs so they’re cooked just the way you want them.