Tag - Darryl Russell

Dine Out for the Darryl Russell family at Candicci’s Restaurant

Dine Out for Darryl Russell @ Candicci’s Restaurant

Dine Out for Darryl Russell family scheduled for Monday, January 16, 2017 at Candicci’s Restaurant

BALLWIN, MO/January 14, 2017 (STLRestaurant.News) We published an article about the Darryl Russell family losing everything to fire on Wednesday, January 5, 2017 titled “Hillsdale house fire, cook at Candicci’s Restaurant suffers critical loss“.

Darryl Russell has worked for Candicci’s Restaurant and Bar for 36 years.  Employer, Bob Candice, has created a GoFundMe page to help the family rebuild their lives.  Additionally, Candice has announced a Dine Out for Darryl scheduled for Monday, January 16th, 2017.  Candicci’s will be giving 50% of all sales to the family to help them get back on their feet.

Darryl Russell - house fire

Darryl Russell – Dine Out for Darryl Russell

The fire broke out on January 04, 2017 at approximately 9:30 pm after bringing their new grandson home from the hospital.  Darryl was down stairs while his family was on the second floor.  He rushed upstairs to help them out of the house, but the fire had consumed the down stairs making it impossible to leave through the first floor.

A grandparents worse nightmare was facing Darryl.  He had to open a window and drop his family to safety.  The first person he dropped out of the second floor window was his new grandson.  He dropped him into the arms of a trusted neighbor.  After the grandson, Darryl dropped the remaining family members to safety before removing himself.

Just a few hours earlier they brought the new grandson home from the hospital only to rush him back to the hospital in an ambulance for smoke inhalation.

The entire family was rushed as well, all being confined for two days.  In only a few hours this new child was born to the world, released to home, met by fire, dropped out the second floor window and returned to the hospital for smoke inhalation.  What a way to enter the new world!

The community has responded as they always do with love and generosity.  The family has been blessed with the generosity of the community donating cloths, household items and more.  The GoFundMe page has raised approximately $4,000, but more needs to be done according to Candice.  “Keep in mind that they have lost everything”, says Candice.

“If you can’t visit the restaurant please visit the GoFundMe page and help this family get back on their feet”, says Candice. ” Nobody should have to suffer like this, especially this time of year.  It’s cold out, we just wrapped up a giving holiday and they have a new born grandson”, says Candice.

Contact information:

Candicci’s Restaurant and Bar

100 Holloway Rd

Ballwin, MO 63011

Phone: (636) 220-8989

Email: [email protected]

___

St. Louis Post Dispatch Article

Fox2Now Article

Fox2Now Article – 2nd article, interview with Candice

___

Copyright 2016 St. Louis Media, LLC d.b.a. STLRestaurant.News.  All rights reserved.  This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Update – Russell family that lost everything in house fire

Darryl Russell – house fire

Update about the Russell family loosing everything in house fire

HILLSDALE, MO/January 9, 2017 (STLRestaurant.News) Last week the Darryl Russell family brought their daughter and new grandson home from the hospital thinking life was good.  Holidays were great, new grand child, everybody safe and happy.

However, while thinking that, only a few minutes later Russell looks up to see a fire covering the downstairs while the family was upstairs.  Thinking of the others, he rushed upstairs to wake everybody up and get them out, but the staircase became covered in flames before he could get them out.

The first person to be removed had to be the newborn grandson.  Any adults worse thoughts and fears were facing Russell.  The only way out was out a window on the second floor.  Russell dropped the new 2 day old grandson out the window into the trusted arms of a neighbor.  After the grandson, Russell had to remove the rest of the family, 9 in total before removing himself.

While it was a terrible experience, the outcome that could have been even more tragic.  Everybody was removed safely with only a few bruises and smoke inhalation.  All spent a couple of days in the hospital and have been released.

However, the worse is yet to face the family.  They have nothing.  Everything was lost in the fire.

Employer, Bob Candice of Candicci’s Restaurant in Ballwin, MO rushed to create a GoFundMe page and make arrangements for a short stay at the Drury Inn on Olive and 270.

Additionally, there is a Dine Out scheduled for next Monday, January 16th at Candicci’s and a portion of the sales will be given to the family.

More than $3,600 has been raised and numerous cloths and household items have been donated.  More is needed.  We encourage everybody to help at whatever level they can.  Situations like this needs to be a community event.  One person, one family cannot rebuild from such a loss without some public assistance.

Bob Candice feels dedicated to help a loyal employee of 36 years.  “You can’t find that kind of dedication anymore, you just can’t”, say Candice.

Contact information:

Candicci’s Restaurant and Bar

100 Holloway Rd

Ballwin, MO 63011

Phone: (636) 220-8989

Email: [email protected]

___

Referring links:

Fox2Now article with video

Latest from STL.News

STLRestaurant.News – Hillsdale house fire

___

Copyright 2016 St. Louis Media, LLC d.b.a. STLRestaurant.News.  All rights reserved.  This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.