OpenTable Releases 2017 St. Louis Diner’s Choice List – OpenTable Favorites
St. Louis, MO/March 1, 2017 (STLRestaurant.News) OpenTable Favorites — As lovers of great food know, St. Louis is full of terrific culinary experiences. We have everything from great take out and sidewalk cafés to artisan food crafters and fine dining destinations. It is a culinary scene that is as delicious as it is dynamic. Just as some restaurants seem to vanish, new ones are constantly taking their places. We, the dining public, have fickle taste too. Sometimes we want the newest edible in town. Sometimes we want our old favorite haunts. Whatever we’re craving on any given day, we want a great meal experience. And St. Louis restaurants deliver!
Each year OpenTable, the San Francisco-based online reservation service, publishes their Diners’ Choice list to recognize restaurants their users found to be most excellent. The list is unique because it’s based only on diners who’ve used the site to make reservations to eat at the restaurants they’ve rated. The 2017 list was just released, and there have been some big changes in diner’s favorites since last year. Not surprisingly, a St. Louis classic tops the list, but there are some relatively new faces too. Here are St. Louis’ 2017 OpenTable Diners’ Choice winners:
1. Tony’s, downtown, 410 Market Street, St. Louis, MO 63102, (314) 231-7007. This is one of St. Louis’ most acclaimed restaurants and a St. Louis landmark. It features executive chef Vincent P. Bommarito’s award-winning signature menu, along with exemplary service and ambiance for more than 40 years. Tony’s has been recognized year after year with the AAA Four-Diamond Award and the Forbes (formerly Mobil) Four-Star Award, among others.
2. Anthony’s Bar, downtown, 10 South Broadway, St. Louis, MO 63102, (314) 231-7007. Owned by the venerable Tony’s restaurant around the corner, Anthony’s Bar shares its kitchen and its philosophy of providing guests with an incomparable dining experience. This more casual venue is a weekday power lunch hot spot, a favorite stop for Cardinal’s fans before a game, and a relaxed, but impeccable dinner choice.
3. Napoli 2, West County, 1054 Town & Country Crossing, Town and Country, MO 63017, (636) 256-9998. This classic Italian restaurant in the heart of Town and Country specializes in fresh fish, meat, and pasta that’s handmade in house daily. They are always on the short list of best Italian restaurants in St. Louis.
4. The Crossing, Clayton, 7823 Forsyth Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63105, (314) 721-7375. This fine dining establishment features “farm to table” food sourced from local farmer in Missouri and Illinois. Owner/Executive Chef Jim Fiala has created a series of delicious tasting menus that are a combination of classic French and Italian influences.
5. Annie Gunn’s, Chesterfield, 16806 Chesterfield Airport Road, Chesterfield, MO 63005, (636) 532-7684. This St. Louis classic has been a long-time favorite. Housed in the unpretentious structure of the historic Smokehouse Market, Annie Gunn’s focuses on “Foods and wines inspired by the richness of country life.” Chef Lou Rook, III creates irresistible, sophisticated cuisine influenced by the rhythm of the seasons. They boast an award-winning wine list too.
6. Elaia, Shaw, 1634 Tower Grove Ave., St. Louis, MO 63110, (314) 932-1088. Don’t try booking a table on the day you want to eat there. It takes a week or more to get reservations at this upscale, Modern European style restaurant. Elaia showcases original and global cuisine with a nuanced approach to fine dining: creating a rare and delicate combination of elegance and rustic charm. Their unique and extensive wine program is nationally recognized too.
7. The Ritz-Carlton Grill, Clayton, 100 Carondelet Plaza, St. Louis, MO 63105, (314) 863-6300 ext. 433. One of the best hotels in town also happens to have one of St. Louis’ favorite restaurants. One of the secrets is the same attention to detail and service that the hotel is known for. The Grill pairs traditional elegance with a more relaxed, contemporary flair. Enjoy rare wines from every continent or craft beers from around the corner as you indulge in seasonally-inspired cuisine.
8. Sapore Italian Cafe, Kirkwood, 451 South Kirkwood Road, Kirkwood, MO 63122, (314) 909-7575. Sapore means flavor in Italian, and this classic restaurant delivers. They offer classic Italian dishes made with the freshest local and seasonal ingredients. Executive Chef and owner Paul Buzzetta says he had the best school of teaching, his nonna Elena and mother Lia. They taught him the most important rule to good food: “use simple ingredients and the food will speak for itself.”
9. The Tavern Kitchen & Bar West, Valley Park, 2961 Dougherty Ferry Road, Suite 101, St. Louis, MO 63122, (636) 825-0600. This is American fine dining in a well-appointed space, relaxed with the decorative use of reclaimed wood, and an open kitchen. There’s something pretty wonderful about hearing your steak sizzle on the grill. They offer exquisite comfort food made with familiar flavors that have been artfully and deliciously reinvented.
10. Addie’s Thai House, Chesterfield Plaza, 13441 Olive Blvd, Chesterfield, MO 63017, (314) 469-1660. This is a distinctive, full service restaurant that offers authentic Thai cuisine at moderate prices in an elegant setting. Don’t let the simplicity of the concept fool you though. It can take a week or more to get a reservation for this fabulous Asian restaurant.