Top 10 Scenic Restaurant Views in Saint Louis
St. Louis, MO/March 15, 2017 (STLRestaurant.News) – St. Louis is a beautiful city, with a history that dates back to the late 1700s and a topography that includes rivers, valleys, bluffs, and cityscape. With all of the visual diversity of the region, it’s not surprising to find a long list of great restaurants that offer scenic views of the city and the surrounding countryside. Diners can enjoy a meal while enjoying the downtown skyline, overlooking beautiful parklands, or enjoying one of our many riverfronts. The best restaurant views depend, to some extent, on what you want to see—city lights, nature’s glory, quaint and historic architecture, etc.
In order to find the best options for a meal with a view, we turned to customer reviews. We wanted to know which restaurants offered the best combination of delicious food, good service, pleasant ambiance, and a one-of-a-kind view. And while many of the restaurants on our list have terrific patios and decks, we also required that the view had to be available all year long—whether from terrific picture windows (like Panorama) or a heated patio (like Vin de Set). That excluded a whole list of terrific restaurants with scenic patios, but no way to enjoy the view during colder weather. (Don’t worry, as it warms up, we’ll write more about those great al fresco views too.)
What we found was that St. Louis diners like a view with their meal. Even when the weather is less than inviting for outdoor dining, there are still some amazing views to be enjoyed while dining on a great meal. It’s not surprising that Three Sixty at the Ballpark Hilton topped our list. This swanky indoor and outdoor rooftop restaurant and bar offers 360-degree views of downtown St. Louis, including a nice view into Busch Stadium. The spectacular views, extensive wine, beer, and cocktail selection, as well as a delicious assortment of snacks, salads, and small plates combine to make this a favorite among locals and visitors alike. Chef Rex Hale’s approach to bar food elevates his small plate offerings to new heights. His menu offers inventive takes on sliders, fish tacos, burgers, sandwiches, pizzas and more. The views are breathtaking, even during winter, making this downtown favorite a rooftop dining destination.
There are a lot of great views among the top ten—from the Arch to Forest Park, and beyond. Don’t take our word for it. Here’s a look at the full list of St. Louis diners’ favorite restaurants offering scenic views:
1. Three Sixty at the Ballpark Hilton (4.12 stars/782 reviews) Downtown, 1 South Broadway, Saint Louis, Missouri, (314) 241-8439.
2. Grafton Oyster Bar (4.10 stars/70 reviews) Great River Road, 215 West Water Street, Grafton, IL 62037, (618) 786-3000.
3. Cielo Restaurant at the Four Seasons St. Louis (4.01 stars/458 reviews) Downtown, 999 North 2nd Street, Saint Louis, Missouri 63102, (314) 881-5759.
4. Panorama at the Saint Louis Art Museum (4.00 stars/124 reviews) Forest Park, 1 Fine Arts Drive, Saint Louis, Missouri 63110, (314) 655-5490.
5. India Palace (3.99 stars/261 reviews) Bridgeton, 4534 North Lindbergh Blvd, 11th Floor, Saint Louis, Missouri 63044, (314) 731-3333.
6. Vin de Set (3.98/527 reviews) Lafayette Square, 2017 Chouteau Ave, Saint Louis, Missouri 63103, (314) 241-8989.
7. Kemoll’s Italian Restaurant (3.90 stars/358 reviews) Downtown, 211 North Broadway, Saint Louis, Missouri, (314) 421-0555.
8. The Loading Dock (3.93 stars/245 reviews) Great River Road, 401 East Front Street, Grafton, IL 62037, (618) 786-3494.
9. Bixby’s (3.93 stars/183 reviews) MO History Museum, 5700 Lindell Blvd, Saint Louis, Missouri 63112, (314) 361-7313.
10. Eclipse STL (3.86 stars/251 reviews) The Loop, 6177 Delmar, University City, Saint Louis, Missouri 63112, (314) 726-2222.
As generally happens when we assemble a top 10 list, there isn’t enough room to share all of the noteworthy restaurants we found to be customer favorites. So we give them Honorable Mentions. These two restaurants offer views that are as spectacular as they are unique. Both are open year round with great views from inside, but they also have outdoor seating that makes them super popular during warmer weather.
Cardinals Nation (3.81 stars/272 reviews) Ballpark Village, 601 Clark Street, Ste. 102, Saint Louis, Missouri 63102, (314) 345-9880.
Boathouse at Forest Park (3.41 stars/566 reviews) Forest Park, 6101 Government Drive, Saint Louis, Missouri 63110, (314) 367-2224.